Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Prophecy fulfilled!

We have posted before the prophecies of St. Malachy (http://sfxcs.blogspot.com/2005/04/saints-prophecy-only-two-popes-remain.html) after the death of Pople John Paull II.

"The 111th prophecy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The meaning of the olive is unclear. The Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from its ranks and Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its final fight against evil."

I thought that this prophecy was farfetched because there was only one Benedictine cardinal and he was not even qualified to vote because he is now over 80 years old.

I was surprised when I watched the unfolding of events at CNN, I heard Cardinal Jorge Arturo Medina Estevez said "... Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae Cardinalem Ratzinger qui sibi nomen imposuit Benedictum XVI." The election of Cardinal Ratzinger did not come to me as a surprise, but I almost fell on my chair when I heard Cardinal Estevez said that Cardinal Ratzinger will now be known as Benedict XVI.

The new pope did not come from the order of St. Benedict but he chose to be named after the founder of the order of the Olivetans. Was the prophecy fulfilled? What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home